Photo: State Library of NSW
The NCCR Bio-Inspired Materials supports (male and female) researchers with young children in pursuing their research and an academic career. The measures include:
- All meetings organized by the Center are scheduled to normal working hours to accommodate the participation of researchers with children and families;
- Flexible working policies (e.g. job-sharing model, part-time or flexible working hours) are accommodated in the individual NCCR groups whenever possible;
- Provide active support in identifying adequate childcare possibilities and assistance in organizing emergency childcare solutions;
- The 120% support grants for NCCR participants support young postdocs with children at a critical stage of their career. The grant allows researchers to reduce their worktime percentage and hire a support person for the same period;
- Reimbursement of extra-childcare expenses during researchers travel for a professional event;
- Actively provide information and support applications for other sources of funding supporting gender equality and family-work balance.
You can download a list of childcare possibilities in the city of Fribourg here.
Further information on schools and crèches is also available on the Universities partners' websites:
University of Fribourg: http://unifr.ch/international/en/EURAXESS/Living/390
University of Geneva: http://www.unige.ch/recherche/euresearch/euraxess/comegeneva/
In you require further information or assistance concerning childcare, or need help organizing emergency childcare in Fribourg please contact Myriam Marano.
For further information on funding programs for women and parents offered by the NCCR, go to the funding programs section.
The NCCR Bio-Inspired Materials offers financial assistance to its participants who have childcare obligations and would like to travel for a professional event advancing their academic careers. For information on eligibility and application click here.