The NCCR Bio-Inspired Materials offers equal opportunities to all participants, fosters the advancement of young scientists, and promotes the integration of women at all educational levels in natural and life science disciplines. The Center makes efforts to support and promote the career development of talented young scientists and women through a range of activities. The main goals of the Center are to:
- Promote the interest of female students in natural sciences already at the undergraduate level;
- Create a culture and boundary conditions at the workplace for female scientists to have equal career opportunities;
- Encourage young female researchers to pursue an academic career and actively help them to overcome possible hurdles;
- Support the career development of (female) PhD students and postdocs and promote the careers of pre-tenured academic researchers;
- Actively support the employment of women at all levels within the NCCR.
The NCCR Bio-Inspired Materials Faculty Delegate for the Advancement of Young Researchers and Women is Prof. Dr. Barbara Rothen-Rutishauser.